Thursday, May 13, 2010

Back in the Saddle



During finals I tend to neglect nearly everything except for my studies. So, now it's time to bring in some more balance. Since I've been home I've  been exercising again and have been active. Tempting as it was to just sit by the TV, I have done some productive things! lol. 


I ran and biked on Tuesday and then yesterday I went horseback riding. Gosh I'd missed it while at school! Above is one of my favorite horses I used to ride at the barn, his name is Macintosh. He is GIGANTIC. For those of you who know horse terms, he was a solid 17 hands (in people terms that means his back is 5'8). To this day I do not think I have met a horse with such a personality. It may be hard to tell, but in the picture above I am feeding him a strawberry nutri-grain bar. YES that was his favorite food. He always chewed with his mouth open but nutri-grain bars he always ate with his mouth shut so as not to loose a single drop. He'd eat just about anything though--goldfish, pepsi, granola bars, fruity lifesavers, peanut butter sandwiches, mints, and of course apples and carrots. He's also a loud guy, if he wanted attention, he'd start digging or stomping with his hoof. Or if I was leading him, he'd use his face to give me a shove, just to say "Hi!" Or the best is when he's in the wash stall to get a bath. He hates baths so he'd just walk around in circles. Eventually when he was tired of that, he would go to the bin where all the brushes and sponges were and he'd take them out with his mouth and drop them on the floor. When that was done he'd start throwing them with his mouth. He was definitely one of a kind!


Anywayyy Macintosh is no longer there, he was at the barn for sale for 4 years but his owners lived elsewhere and eventually reclaimed him. So yesterday I rode Pablo, who has a much quieter but still very sweet personality :) And he's a ton of fun to jump! 


Today I plan to go to the gym again. Riding sounds lovely but it's expensiveeee so once a week for that is enough. 


I think that's good for now. I had better wrap it up as I have a million errands to run at the moment (yet here I sit in my PJ's...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment