Sunday, April 25, 2010

Girlies Weekend!



I can count on one hand the number of times I have gotten my nails done: 4. Once for my bat mitzvah, once for the Inaugural Ball, once for my brother's bar mitzvah, and now once yesterday. Yes, I finally got my nails done "just 'cuz." It's something I never really did because up until college I basically lived at a horse stable--worked and rode allllll the time and having a manicure just wasn't the most sensible thing. However, yesterday two of my roomies wanted to get their nails and eyebrows done. I figured hey, you only live once, I've got 2 weeks left in the semester, yes, I am going for the splurge. 

It was lovely. First we walked to Georgetown to get our eyebrows threaded. I've gotten mine threaded before, however, this time we got them done at a kiosk inside a mall area. It was kind of strange having people walk by staring at you wince and tear up as my eyebrows were being ripped out. But hey, it was worth it. The lady did a great job and it was only $10 (not the usual $30!!!) And the other advantage of getting it done was that there was frozen yogurt in the same shopping center. Mmmm. If you know me, you know I LOVE fro-yo. 

Next was the nail salon in the Watergate shopping area. There are actually two nail salons and we went and booked ourselves for the cheaper-looking place. However, as we walked by the higher-end salon, we noticed a student special--$10 manicures. Of course we went for it! They were really nice there. We all got cappuccinos as we were getting our nails done, and the whole thing was very relaxing. The most stressful part was choosing which color I wanted. Such problems, I know! After much deliberation, I ultimately decided to go for a very subtle, translucent, baby pink. Simple elegance.

After getting our nails we picked up some groceries for dinner. Try going grocery shopping with half-wet nails! But we are all quite talented you see, our nails escaped unscathed :) 

And that was my day. Ahhh. Today? Paperrrrrs! I have to work on my marketing paper as well as my human resources paper. Wish me luck :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment