Friday, April 16, 2010

See that elephant? If he can balance, so can you...



Hi! Welcome to Salad n' Sundaes. To start off, I have a confession to make: I am an awful vegetarian...I do not like salad. I mean I will eat it, but it is not my food of choice. Something about it is just not satiating. Perhaps that is due to my pickiness. I do not like creamy salad dressings, any type of cheese, and I don't eat meat. What does that leave? Eh, some airy greens with not much taste and not much fuel-power either. But hey, the point of this blog is BALANCE. It is important to maintain it in life. I love to eat healthy. Yes I just said that. Despite being a college girl, I'd pick the tofu dish over pizza any day. Do I diet? NEVER! Am I fit? I'd say so. I eat well the majority of the time and allow the splurges when appropriate. If I am out with friends and that ice cream cone looks great, I'll get it. However, I will then be twice as healthy the rest of the week. I'm not saying eating a salad entitles you to eat an ice cream, but it's better than eating ice cream all the time, right? 


It is best not to overdo the good stuff--it's not healthy and you grow immune to it. Yummy foods taste juuuust that much better when you only have them once in a while. And that goes for everything. Who can enjoy a sunny day when you've just had 2 weeks worth of sunny days? You must admit, a nice day is even nicer when preceded by a horrible windy and rainy mess. Or TV. I will look forward to watching an hour of my favorite show on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. However, if I were to sit and watch 8 hours straight of television, it would no longer be as enjoyable of a process. In fact, you may even find me BEGGING to do something productive either physically or academically. 


So yes, this is my blog, my goal is to convey to you the meaning of balance and talk about my quest to achieve it while hopefully encouraging you to do the same. 


Sit back, enjoy, and don't read too much of me or you may find you grow sick of me as well! (kidding, of course). 

No comments:

Post a Comment